Indian Linux Users Group, Chennai [ ILUGC ] has been spreading awareness on Free/Open Source Software (F/OSS) in Chennai since January 1998.
We will be organizing this month’s meet through ILUGC’s Official IRC channel (#ilugc in freenode.net).
If Visual Presentation required, we will use https://meet.jit.si (Link will be provided in #ilugc irc channel at the time of meet by the speaker who is willing to show visual content)
We usually meet on the second Saturday of every month, and for the month of July we shall meet through IRC on Saturday 11, 2020 at 1500 IST.
IRC Server: chat.freenode.net
Web IRC: https://webchat.freenode.net
Simple Meeting Guidelines:
we encourage participants to follow these simple steps to conduct the meet effectively,
- Please watch what others are doing and do not interrupt
- If you have a question, type “?” and wait for your time to ask, the speaker who is conducting the talk will call your name to ask a question.
- If you need to speak, type “!” and wait for your time to speak.
- If you’re done speaking, type “eof”
- If you agree with someone, type “nickname: +1”, here nickname is who you are agreeing with.
Topic: Emacs Org Agenda and Super Agenda mode
Description: Emacs Org files help you to manage notes, maintain TODO lists, write documentation etc. In this talk and demo, we will explore the Org Agenda view and its commands, along with the Super Agenda mode of operation. We will use Jitsi video conferencing for the demo. References:
- Agenda Views. https://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-Views.html
- org-super-agenda. https://github.com/alphapapa/org-super-agenda
Duration: 45 minutes
Speaker: Shakthi Kannan
About Speaker: Shakthi Kannan is a Free Software enthusiast who blogs at shakthimaan.com.
Topic: Introduction to Tamil NLP using open-tamil python library
Description: Open-Tamil is a python library which can be used to build NLP applications for Tamil language. Let us explore the possibilities of the open-tamil library.
Duration: 60 minutes
Speaker: Shrinivasan T
About Speaker: Shrini is founder of Kaniyam.com and FreeTamilEbooks.com Topic: Contributing to LTP - Linux Test Project
QA & general discussions
All are welcome.