Best way to contact the ILUGC Member is through the ILUGC Mailing List. If you are not an member of ILUGC mailing list, then you can contact the co-ordinator for specific help.
Many of our ILUGC members are willing to share their knowledge with students community in the form of Short Technical Tutorial, FOSS Awareness Seminar, GNU/Linux Workshop, (C, C++, PHP, Python,..) Programming Workshop, Technical Talk, Project Idea Presentation, etc, in the College/School/Conference.
If you are interested to arrange this kind of FOSS Event in your place, then follow the below steps:
- Talk to your department friends/students to know their interest.
- Talk to your department staff members to know their interest and support.
- Depending upon the interest, decide the topic/field.
- Decide 2 or 3 alternative dates for this event.
- Contact ILUGC:
- If you are an ILUGC mailing list member, then directly post the event details and request for the resource person in the list.
- If you are NOT an ILUGC mailing list member, then contact the Co-ordinator.
Resource Person (RP)
If you are planning to invite ILUGC RP for an events, then you should follow this general guidelines:
- For local event on working day, inform atleast 2 weeks ahead to RP.
- For local event, arrange pick-up and drop facility for RP
- For out-station event, inform atleast 3 weeks ahead, give the contact details (Email, Phone, Address), arrange pick-up, drop and decent place for boarding/refreshing.
- Give a brief idea about the audience level and their interest on the topic. If there is any specific requirement, please discuss with RP.
- Don’t give fancy gift articles (like clock, pen-stand, night-lamp). Most of our members like books, you can get the RP wish-list and buy a book from that list.
- Pay the Honorarium to RP.
- Pay the RP travel expenses (if it is not taken care by organizer).
- For more details, please discuss with the RP.