Indian Linux Users Group, Chennai [ ILUGC ] has been spreading awareness on Free/Open Source Software (F/OSS) in Chennai since January 1998.
We will be organizing this month’s meet through ILUGC’s Official IRC channel (#ilugc in freenode.net).
If Visual Presentation required, we will use https://meet.jit.si (Link will be provided in #ilugc irc channel at the time of meet by the speaker who is willing to show visual content)
We usually meet on the second Saturday of every month, and for the month of August we shall meet through IRC on Saturday 08, 2020 at 1500 IST.
IRC Server: chat.freenode.net
Web IRC: https://meet.ilugc.in
Simple Meeting Guidelines
we encourage participants to follow these simple steps to conduct the meet effectively,
- Please watch what others are doing and do not interrupt
- If you have a question, type “?” and wait for your time to ask, the speaker who is conducting the talk will call your name to ask a question.
- If you need to speak, type “!” and wait for your time to speak.
- If you’re done speaking, type “eof”
- If you agree with someone, type “nickname: +1”, here nickname is who you are agreeing with.
Topic: Emacs + Magit = Git Magic
Description: Magit (https://magit.vc/) is an interface to the Git version control system implemented as an Emacs package. In this talk, we will demonstrate the various shortcuts provided by Magit, and learn to use them effectively while using GNU Emacs. We will use Jitsi for the screen sharing session.
Duration: 45 minutes
Speaker Name: Shakthi Kannan
About Speaker: Shakthi Kannan is a Free Software enthusiast who blogs at shakthimaan.com.
Topic: Introduction to BRE (Basic Regular Expressions)
Description: BRE is an essential part of unix text processing tools like grep, set, awk etc. In this talk we will explore how to use BRE to manipulate text.
Duration: 30 minutes
Speaker: Mohan R
About Speaker: Just another FOSS enthusiast.
QA & general discussions
All are welcome.