The next monthly meet is scheduled on Saturday, August 12th 2017 at 1500 IST.
Venue: Classroom No 1, Aerospace Engineering, Near Gajendra Circle, IIT Madras.
Link for the Map: http://bit.ly/iitm-aero
Talk schedule for the meet
Talk 1: Introduction to Emacs Lisp
- Speaker: Shakthi Kannan
- Description: This is a tutorial session on Emacs Lisp using the GNU Emacs editor. The basic syntax, usage and examples for Emacs Lisp will be demonstrated. Please bring your laptops to try out code and do hands-on exercises.
- Duration: 1 hour
- About Speaker: Shakthi Kannan is a Free Software enthusiast who blogs at shakthimaan.com.
Talk 2: Building static websites using Hugo
- Speaker: Srinivasan Rangarajan
- Description: Hugo is an open source static website generator written in Go. This session will be a quick start tutorial on how to create a personal blog using hugo.
- Duration: 15 min
- About Speaker: Srini is a Solutions Architect at Mad Street Den and blogs occasionally at https://cnu.name.