Next monthly meet will be on Saturday, Feb 13 2016 at 1500 IST.
Venue: Classroom No 1, Aerospace Engineering, Near Gajendra Circle, IIT Madras.
Link for the Map: http://bit.ly/iitm-aero
Talk schedule for the meet
Talk 1: something with Emacs.
- Speaker: Shantakumar
- Description: Emacs is a text editor.
- Duration: 10-15min.
- About Speaker: Shantakumar - Emacs Newbie.
Talk 2: Project Kalam
- Speaker: Shakthi Kannan
- Description: Community initiated free and open source software projects to cater to ILUG-C. Discussion on mailing list migration and fossconf.in.
- Duration: 20 minutes
- About Speaker: Shakthi Kannan is a Free Software enthusiast who blogs at shakthimaan.com.
Talk 3: Contributing to LibreOffice
- Speakers: Arul Micheal, Kumar T, Yogesh Desai
- A quick introduction to getting started with contributing to LibreOffice
- A summary of some of our recent bug fixes
- Duration - 20 minutes
- About speakers - Arul, Kumar and Yogesh are LibreOffice contributors
Talk 4: DrivePass - experimental password manager in Golang
- Speaker: Sahasranaman M S
- Introduction to GUI programming in Golang with Gotk3
- Encryption libraries present in Golang
- Looking for feedback and ideas
- Duration - 15 minutes
- About Speaker - I am a C++ programmer, currently experimenting with Golang
Talk 5: Templates in Golang
- Speaker: Udaya Kumar
- Description: Templates in Golang.
- Duration: 30mins
- About Speaker: Sw Eng